Student Health Fee
The student health fee is required for all students enrolled in fall or spring semesters taking seven or more credit hours. Those not required may choose to pay the health fee to receive covered services.
Services Covered by Student Health Fee
Services cover include but are not limited to the following:
- 24/7 nurse advice access
- Behavioral health consultation visits
- Four psychiatry visits per semester
- Annual flu shot (no charge)
- Some sexually transmitted infections (STI) screening tests (for chlamydia and gonorrhea; an exam charge may be applied if visit with physician or nurse practitioner is deemed necessary)
- Public health work, including immunization compliance management
- Wellness efforts — health promotion, including Y1CBP, yoga and meditation classes, etc.
The health fee also supports ongoing campus public health efforts to maintain a healthy and safe campus through monitoring and upholding the university’s immunization and TB policy:
- All incoming students’ immunization records are reviewed to verify appropriate measles, mumps, rubella and meningitis vaccines.
- Students with risk factors for TB are assessed (or screened).
- During communicable disease outbreaks, health center officials coordinate campus public health measures with University Health Care Infection Control, MU Office of Emergency Management, Columbia/Boone Country Health and Human Services, Boone County Office of Emergency Management, the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Reminder: The health fee is not the same as health insurance. Learn how insurance works at the Student Health Center.
The ability to pay is not a barrier to receiving health care at Student Health & Well-Being. Staff will work with you if you have billing concerns. Learn more about our financial assistance policy.
Student Activity Fee
The Student Activity Fee is a mandatory fee that provides funding to on-campus programs and services that students can utilize. A percentage of this fee goes to support the services of the MU Counseling Center.
Services Covered by Student Activity Fee
Services covered include but are not limited to the following:
- Skill building workshops
- Group therapy
- Brief individual therapy
- Referral services
- 24/7 crisis support
- Outreach initiatives
- Consultation and training
- Response to campus during challenging times.
There is no out-of-pocket charge for the services of the Counseling Center.