Getting quality restorative sleep is important to our well-being. With quality sleep we have sharper attention, focus to problem solve, memory retention, greater creativity and function at high levels of our abilities. It can be hard to get good sleep in college, try some of these ideas.
- As much as possible keep a consistent routine for going to bed and waking up.
- Make your room as dark, quiet, and cool (but not cold) as you can
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeine and nicotine for a few hours before bed
- Eat dinner early in the evening and enjoy a light snack later in the evening
- Do something relaxing for 20-30 minutes before bed.
- Try out some of the sleep meditation videos available on YouTube or many phone apps
Healthy sleep habits can make a big difference in your quality of life. Having healthy sleep habits is often referred to as having good sleep hygiene. Read about Healthy Sleep Tips.