Students who do not comply with the requirements listed below will not be allowed to register or pre-register for their second semester at MU. Please check your MyZou account for compliance.

You may send your immunization documents to the Student Health Center by using this secure upload function in MyZou. If you want someone (e.g., a parent) to upload these documents for you, you must first give them additional authorized access. If you have any questions or problems using the secure upload function, please call 573-882-7481.

Alternatively, you may hand deliver or mail your documents to:

MU Student Health Center
Attn: Immunization Policy
909 Hitt St
Columbia, MO 65201

You also may have your health care provider fax your documents to 573-882-5370.

Note: Correspondence regarding health issues and compliance will be sent to the student’s University of Missouri email account.

Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccine or MMR blood titer test

The University of Missouri requires that all newly enrolled or readmitted MU students born after December 31, 1956 comply with the two-dose MMR Immunization Policy through one of the following ways:


Provide documentation of receiving two doses of MMR.

  • The first dose must have been received at age 12 months or later.
  • The second dose must have been received at least one month after the first.

Blood Titer Tests

Provide documentation of immunity to measles (rubeola), mumps and rubella.

In certain circumstances, medical waivers are necessary. Some students may desire waivers.

Meningococcal vaccine

Students living in university-owned housing, any fraternity or sorority residence (regardless of whether such residence if privately owned), the Campus Christian House and the Evans Scholars House must comply with meningococcal requirements through one of the following ways:

Provide documentation of receiving meningococcal vaccine; either Men ACWY (Menactra, Menveo) or MPSV4 (Menomune).

Students who receive their first dose of meningococcal vaccine before the age of 16 are required to get a booster (on or after 16th birthday) with a minimum interval of at least eight weeks after the preceding dose.

Some students may desire waivers.

To comply with MO SB 635, the university provides you a link to the meningococcal disease brochure developed by Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. This brochure has information about immunizations against this serious disease.

Tuberculosis (TB) testing

If you can answer “yes” to any of the five statements below, TB evaluation is required: Call the Student Health Center at 573-882-7481.

  • Have you lived for one month or longer in Asia, Africa, Central or South America or Eastern Europe?
  • Were you born in Asia, Africa, Central or South America or Eastern Europe?
  • Have you been a health care worker?
  • Have you volunteered or worked in a nursing home, prison or other residential institution?
  • Have you had contact with a person known to have active tuberculosis?

The need for testing, such as a TB skin test or TB blood test, will be determined by risk factors and prior test results. If available, provide written documentation of TB testing (Mantoux skin test documented in millimeters of induration) within the past 12 months or prior TB blood test results done in the U.S. If prior treatment for active TB disease or latent TB infection has been completed, written documentation must be submitted.

Immunization records

Your immunization record (sometimes called your vaccination record) is a history of all the vaccines you have ever received — both as a child and as an adult. You may need to provide a copy of this record when you apply for a job, travel abroad or register for classes.

How to get your immunization record from the Student Health Center:

If you need only the immunization records you provided to the Student Health Center, you must first complete this FERPA form.

If you need a record of immunizations you received from a provider at Student Health & Well-Being, complete this authorization for the disclosure of protected health information from MU Health Care as well as the FERPA form.